WORLD SERIES 2004

Was geht ab in der amerikanischen Profiliga?
- Fragen und Diskussionen darüber sind hier das Thema.
- Außerdem: Wie kann man MLB in Deutschland sehen/hören?
Pitcher27
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

WORLD SERIES 2004

Beitrag von Pitcher27 »

Game 1 on Saturday Oct. 23rd at Fenway Park

St. Louis Cardinals: 9 World Series Titles First Year: 1901

Boston Red Sox: 5 World Series Titles First Year: 1982

Pitcher St. Louis: Woody Williams

Pitcher Boston: Tim Wakefield

Beide Teams trafen in den World Series bis jetzt zweimal aufeinander. Beide Series konnten die Cardinals für sich entscheiden.

WORLD SERIES 1946

St. Louis Cardinals – Boston Red Sox

Series 4:3 Champion St. Louis Cardinals

WORLD SERIES 1967

St. Louis Cardinals – Boston Red Sox

Series 4:3 Champion St. Louis Cardinals

Letzte World Series für die Cardinals waren 1987:

Series 4:3 Champion Minnesota Twins

Letzte World Series für die Red Sox waren 1986:

Series 4:3 Champion New York Mets

Hier mehr zu den beiden World Series:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/histo ... ature=1946

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/histo ... ature=1967

There is something in the beginning, and you can be a part of it
The Baseball Spirit is unique
Alexander Seipt
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: WORLD SERIES 2004

Beitrag von Alexander Seipt »

Pitcher27 hat geschrieben: Boston Red Sox: 5 World Series Titles First Year: 1982
Das ist aber schwierig, wenn der letzte Titel aus dem Jahr 1918 datiert.....
Günter
Allstar
Allstar
Beitrag von Günter »

Das Spiel wird übrigens auch unkodier auf Premiere gesendet. :bounce:
Schanzer-Tom
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Beitrag von Schanzer-Tom »

sehr geiles spiel.
ortiz schon wieder ;-)
und wieder hat´s lang gedauert,
aber jetz gut nacht
I live for this
SebastianB#78
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Beitrag von SebastianB#78 »

na vielleicht solltest Du evtl. auch noch das Ergebnis posten:

CARDINALS 0 1 1 3 0 2 0 2 0

RED SOX 4 0 3 0 0 0 2 2 X

W: Foulke
L: Tavarez

Mess with the BEST or die like the REST

______

Don't be a Tom! Be a Steve
roxy
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Beitrag von roxy »

war ganz net und homeruns gabs ja auch ein par :)
wer glaubt etwas zu sein, hat aufgehört etwas zu werden
ralfk91
Batboy
Batboy

Beitrag von ralfk91 »

puhhhh man da braucht man nerven wenn man red sox fan ist ,aslo der manny ist ja wohl der schlechteste outfielder der wohl je in den world series war diese bälle fangt ja jeder und der bringt es fertig die fallen zulassen
wolk44
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Beitrag von wolk44 »

3:0 fuer die Sox,

waere ja echt der Hammer
Ingo Köhler
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Beitrag von Ingo Köhler »

an ein comeback der cards kann man (selbst ich als cards fan) nun nicht mehr so recht glauben......
A.B.
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Beitrag von A.B. »

JAPAN SERIES
Lions are pride of Japan after Game 7 win

NAGOYA (AP) Takashi Ishii went six strong innings and Alex Cabrera hit a two-run homer Monday as the Seibu Lions defeated the Chunichi Dragons 7-2 in Game 7 of the Japan Series to win their first championship since 1992.

Seibu Lions starter Takashi Ishii releases a pitch against the Chunichi Dragons en route to winning Game 7 of the Japan Series on Monday at Nagoya Dome. Ishii was 2-0 during the best-of-seven contest and was named the series MVP.

Ishii gave up just three hits over six scoreless innings at Nagoya Dome as the Pacific League champion Lions won two straight on the road after being down three games to two in the best-of-seven series.

"I just tried to build on the momentum from yesterday's win," said Ishii, who finished the Japan Series with a 0.00 ERA. "It's not often that I get to pitch in these situations. I just tried to pitch as I always do."

It was the ninth Japan Series championship for the Lions.

The 33-year-old right-hander, who was named series MVP, was only 1-5 in the regular season but was also the winning pitcher in Game 1 when he held the Dragons to just two hits over seven scoreless innings.

The first hit he gave up in Monday's game was a double to Masahiro Araki in the fourth inning.

The Lions became the first team to win the Japan Series by finishing with two wins on the road since the Yomiuri Giants did so in 1989 when they defeated the Kintetsu Buffaloes.

"It's an unbelievable feeling," said Seibu rookie manager Tsutomu Ito. "This team never gave up and I never stopped believing in these players."

The Lions jumped out to an early 5-0 lead in the third inning.

With Seibu already leading 3-0, Cabrera connected for a towering two-run homer off Chunichi reliever Daisuke Yamai that bounced off the glass-enclosed private boxes above the left field seats.

It was Cabrera's third homer of the series. The former Arizona Diamondbacks player also had a grand slam and a two-run homer in Game 3.

Earlier in the third, Jose Fernandez singled up the middle with two out and runners on first and second.

Tomoaki Sato came around to score to make it 2-0, and Shogo Akada also scored when Fernandez got caught in a run down between first and second.

Chunichi infielder Hirokazu Ibata threw the ball to first but it bounced off Fernandez' helmet, allowing Akada to come home with the third run.

Fernandez drove in another run in the sixth with a double to the wall in left that scored Akada from third. Hiroshi Hirao belted a solo homer in the seventh to make it 7-0.

Even with a 7-0 lead, Ito wasn't taking any chances. He brought in Game 6 winner Daisuke Matsuzaka to work the eighth.

Matsuzaka, who gave up two runs on six hits in Sunday's 4-2 win, gave up a double to Araki but then retired the side.

Seibu closer Kiyoshi Toyoda gave up a pair of runs in the ninth. Kazuki Inoue hit a bloop single to center that scored the runner from third and the Dragons added another run on a fielder's choice but it was took little, too late.

Chunichi starter Domingo Guzman, who went 10-5 in the regular season and was the losing pitcher in Game 3, lost his concentration after being called for a balk in the third inning that allowed the Lions to score their first run.

Hiroyuki Nakajima singled to right for the first hit of the game and then advanced to second on a fielder's choice.

Guzman was then called for a balk, allowing Nakajima to advance to third. Nakajima scored on a base hit by Sato that deflected off Guzman's glove.

Guzman was charged with four runs on two hits over 2 2/3 innings.

It was a disappointing finish for the Central League champion Dragons, who were looking for their first Japan Series championship since 1954.

In Game 7, the Dragons had no answer to Cabrera and Fernandez.

Chunichi cleanup hitters Alex Ochoa and Omar Linares had only one hit between them.

The Dragons had a chance to get back in the game in the fourth when they had runners at the corners with two but out but Linares grounded out to third.

Then in the eighth, Ochoa hit a warning-track fly ball with two runners on base for the third out.
Schanzer-Tom
Minor Leaguer
Minor Leaguer

Beitrag von Schanzer-Tom »

ralfk91 hat geschrieben:puhhhh man da braucht man nerven wenn man red sox fan ist ,aslo der manny ist ja wohl der schlechteste outfielder der wohl je in den world series war diese bälle fangt ja jeder und der bringt es fertig die fallen zulassen
da kann mr. ramirez herzlich wenig dafür,
is nämlich mit´m fuß vorne im gras hängengeblieben und deswegen hat´s ihn nach vorne aufgstellt woraufhin er den ball natürlich nicht mehr fange konnte.
is einfach pech und net unvermögen.
schlecht war allerdings der wurf auf home den er vermasselt hat,
bzw. net aufheben konnte.

@SebastianB#78:

also ich geh doch mal davon aus das jeder der hier reinschreibt auch das ergebnis kennt.

freu mich schon auf heut nacht ;-)
zum letzen spiel in der saison 03/04 :-D

GO RED SOX
I live for this
SebastianB#78
Major Leaguer
Major Leaguer
Beitrag von SebastianB#78 »

@Schanzer-Tom,

theoretisch hast scho recht, denke aber, dass es trotzdem ned schaden kann, und wer weiß, ein mancher klickt evtl. erst hier ins Forum und dann erst auf mlb.com oder sonstige.

Mess with the BEST or die like the REST

______

Don't be a Tom! Be a Steve
Alexander Seipt
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Warum spielen eigentlich die Cards nicht mit? Ham die keine Lust? Sieht zumindest so aus....
Alexander Seipt
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Das war dann ja an sich gleich nach dem Leadoff-Hit von Damon gelaufen... Cool, wenn so ein Spiel gleich nach dem ersten Batter entschieden ist.
Ingo Leven
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Beitrag von Ingo Leven »

Zum Glück habe ich davon wenigstens Replays gesehen... Mein Wecker machte mich wach und bis die verdammte Kiste hochgeladen war, hatte Damon bereits den Ball bereits versenkt... War ein gutes Spiel... Vor allem eins dürfte man gelernt haben: bei Count 3-0 und Bases loaded sollte der Pitcher nicht zu sehr den Ball über die Mitte werfen weil sonst der Ball mal gerade am Zaun landet...

Gruß,
Ingo
Der Tag, an dem ich aufhöre zu lernen, ist der Tag, an dem ich sterben werde
Antworten