World Series 2003

Was geht ab in der amerikanischen Profiliga?
- Fragen und Diskussionen darüber sind hier das Thema.
- Außerdem: Wie kann man MLB in Deutschland sehen/hören?
cäpt'n chaos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

World Series 2003

Beitrag von cäpt'n chaos »

NY Yankees - Florida Marlins 2 : 3 und somit 0:1 in der Serie

Die Fische fressen die Clowns!!!!

Fight, fight, you'll never win
This is your life, this is our time
This is my life, don't waste my time
madmark9
Allstar
Allstar

Beitrag von madmark9 »

Spiel 2 der U.S. Meisterschaft:

Marlins..........1
Yankees........6

Pettite Reels In A Big One (8 2/3 innings, 6 H, 7 K, 1 R, 0 ER)
HR-Godzilla (3 RBI), Soriano (2RBI).

und heute nach süd-florida, morgen spiel 3 - die spannung steigt!

GO YANKS!!!
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted and then used against you."
A.B.
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Beitrag von A.B. »

:cry:

Zuleta plays the hero
Hawks take first game of Japan Series

By JIM ARMSTRONG

The Associated Press
FUKUOKA (AP) Designated hitter Julio Zuleta drove in the winning run Saturday to lift the Pacific League champion Fukuoka Daiei Hawks to a dramatic 5-4 victory over the Central League champion Hanshin Tigers in Game 1 of the Japan Series.

With runners on first and second and two out in the bottom of the ninth, Zuleta connected off Hanshin reliever Yuya Ando for a walkoff single to left over the head of Hanshin center fielder Norihiro Akahoshi.

After pinch runner Motoi Okoshi scored the winning run from second, Daiei players came charging off the bench to mob Zuleta.

"It was great to be able to come through in a situation like that," said Zuleta. "It was an unbelievable feeling but I have to give a lot of credit to my teammates because if they hadn't been on base I couldn't have driven them in."

Zuleta joined the Hawks in midseason after playing at Pawtucket in the Boston Red Sox organization.

Noriyoshi Omichi was expected to be the designated hitter in Saturday's opener but Zuleta impressed manager Sadaharu Oh in batting practice and was inserted into the starting lineup in place of Omichi.

Daiei closer Takayuki Shinohara, who retired Tomoaki Kanemoto in the top of the ninth, picked up the win.

The showdown between two 20-game winners didn't live up to advance billing.

Daiei starter Kazumi Saito, who went 20-3 in the regular season, came out with a 3-2 lead after giving up three runs on four hits over 6 2/3 innings.

"I was a bit nervous in the first inning," said Saito. "But I was able to settle down after the second inning. It was a tough outing and giving up six walks certainly didn't help matters."

Hanshin starter Kei Igawa, 20-5, lasted only five innings, giving up three runs on nine hits.

Shuji Yoshida came on in relief of Saito in the seventh and promptly gave up a two-out single to Shinjiro Hiyama that scored Atsushi Fujimoto from second as Hanshin tied the game 4-4.

Daiei took a 4-3 lead in the bottom of the sixth. Hiroshi Shibahara hit an infield single and stole second. Tadahito Iguchi singled to right off Hanshin reliever Jarrod Riggan to score Shibahara from second.

In the top of the sixth, Hanshin took advantage of some sloppy defense by the Hawks to tie the game 3-3.

Hiyama reached on an error by shortstop Yusuke Torigoe. Katsumi Hirosawa then struck out but Hiyama, running on the pitch, advanced to third when second baseman Iguchi allowed the ball to glance off his glove and into left field.

Hanshin infielder George Arias then drove home the tying run with a single that bounced over the head of third baseman Munenori Kawasaki.

Hanshin had taken a 2-1 lead in the top of the fourth when Akihiro Yano tripled to the gap in right-center scoring Arias and Atsushi Kataoka.

But the lead didn't last long.

Daiei catcher Kenji Jojima, who hit 34 homers in the regular season, led off the bottom of the fourth with a towering solo shot into the left-field stands off Igawa. It was his first homer off a left-handed pitcher this season.

"It felt perfect the second I hit it," said Jojima. "They just scored so it was important for us to come right back and put some runs up on the board."

Igawa, who cruised trough the first three innings, came unglued in the bottom of the fourth after giving up the Jojima homer.

After Pedro Valdes singled up the middle, Igawa hit Zuleta with a pitch before Akihito Muramatsu singled to load the bases. The Hawks reclaimed the lead when Torigoe hit a sacrifice fly to deep left.

The Japan Times: Oct. 19, 2003

Hawks demolish Tigers

By JIM ARMSTRONG

The Associated Press
FUKUOKA (AP) The Fukuoka Daiei Hawks took advantage of a shaky outing by Hideki Irabu Sunday en route to a convincing 13-0 drubbing of the Hanshin Tigers in Game 2 of the Japan Series at Fukuoka Dome.

Infielder Yusuke Torigoe drove in three runs in the second inning with a double and catcher Kenji Jojima connected for his second homer of the series in the third as the Hawks rocked the former New York Yankees pitcher for five runs on nine hits over three innings.

"It was a perfect chance and a perfect hit in that situation," said Torigoe. "The ball got by the centerfielder and it was a good way to get us started."

The win gave Sadaharu Oh's Hawks a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven series. Game 3 will played on Tuesday at Koshien Stadium.

Jojima, who belted 34 homers in the regular season, gave Daiei a commanding 5-0 lead in the bottom of the third with a solo blast into the left field stands off Irabu, who was lifted before recording an out in the fourth.

Daiei starter Toshiya Sugiuchi, who went 10-8 in the regular season, gave up five hits over eight scoreless innings while striking out five for the win. Rookie Nagisa Arakaki retired the side in the ninth.

"I was a bit nervous at first," said Sugiuchi. "I know what the Tigers are capable of and I was just trying to keep them in check. I got a lot of early run support and that certainly helped me relax as the game went on."

Irabu, who went 13-8 in the regular season but struggled over the second half, took the loss.

Designated hitter Julio Zuleta, the hero of Saturday's 5-4 win, gave the Hawks an 8-0 lead with a towering three-run homer in the bottom of the seventh off Hanshin reliever Takehito Kanazawa.

Oh said Sunday's one-sided win would give his team confidence heading to Koshien Stadium for the next three games.

"It was a tough game for us yesterday but the players were able to relax a bit today," said Oh. "Torigoe got us started with that double and hopefully we can keep it going at Koshien."

Torigoe got the Hawks rolling with a bases-loaded double in the second that skidded by center fielder Norihiro Akahoshi and rolled all the way to the wall to score three runs.

Munenori Kawasaki tripled to the wall in left to add another run as Daiei jumped out to an early 4-0 lead in the second inning.

Kawasaki also tripled in a run in the bottom of the seventh when the Hawks scored five runs to put the game out of reach.

Former Texas Ranger Pedro Valdes added insult to injury with a three-run homer in the bottom of the eighth off Kanazawa that made it 13-0.

The Japan Times: Oct. 20, 2003

BildBildBildBildBildBildBildBildBildBildBildBildBildBild
jr
Allstar
Allstar
Beitrag von jr »

@Bigo: Dein Tipp????
cäpt'n chaos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Also ich tippe auf 7 Games und einem Endstand : Florida Marlins 4
NY Yankees 3
gelöscht

Beitrag von gelöscht »

ich sag:
wer das nächste spiel gewinnt, gewinnt auch die ws !
cäpt'n chaos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

So würd ich's nicht sehen. Die Marlins waren auch schon 1:3 (Serie) und 2:5 (5. Game) gegen die Cubs hinten und haben sie noch rausgeworfen.
Daher ist nach dem dritten Game noch nichts entschieden.
gelöscht

Beitrag von gelöscht »

na und ? von den marlins pitcht einer der besten bei den yankees einer der in den playoffs abgekackt hat !
wenn mike mussina sich wieder fängt, dann habens die yankees im sack !
sag ich ! du kannst ja anderer meinung sein ! außerdem hab ich am ende nie recht !
wer gegen mich setzt, gewinnt :wink:
cäpt'n chaos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

da bin ich anderer meinung (Hoffnung??).
Die Marlins packen's, weil in den letzten beiden WS immer der Underdog gewonnen hat.
jr
Allstar
Allstar
Beitrag von jr »

Würde sagend das Florida hinter Josh Beckett Spiel 3 gewinnt aber die Serie an die Yanks geht. (leider)
gelöscht

Beitrag von gelöscht »

ich hoff auch das die marlins es packen ! wie gesagt ... mussina muss/wird abkacken !
cäpt'n chaos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Shit happened marlins lost 1: 6.
Günter
Allstar
Allstar
Beitrag von Günter »

Wetten auf die Yankess werden somit keine mehr angenommen.
Gruß und Home Run
cäpt'n chaos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

ziehe keine voreiligen Schlüsse - noch ist nicht aller tage Abend und der World Series Ende gekommen!!!!
gelöscht

Beitrag von gelöscht »

geilo ! 4-3 für die Marlins
Antworten