World Series 2003

Was geht ab in der amerikanischen Profiliga?
- Fragen und Diskussionen darüber sind hier das Thema.
- Außerdem: Wie kann man MLB in Deutschland sehen/hören?
The Rock
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Beitrag von The Rock »

eigentlich hat es doch jede Mannschaft verdient die WS zu gewinnen die es in die Play offs schafft

von allen Sportarten die ich verfolge habe ich zur Zeit nur die Yankees und die Buccaneers (dieses Jahr nich so) als erfolgreiche Mannschaften. Die Bulls und Eintrach FFM sucken gerade immer noch ab (hoffe nicht mehr lange :-)

Und NIEEEEEEEEEEEMAND sagt das die Marlins schlecht sind, genauso wenig waren es die D backs oder die Angels, aber nächstes Jahr werden sie kein Glück mehr haben :D

There may be no"I" in team, but there are 2 in Schilling.
Bild Bild Bild
gelöscht

Beitrag von gelöscht »

jup, genau wie die yankees ! :D
Mad-Matt
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Beitrag von Mad-Matt »

also mal ganz ehrlich: Jeder weis ich hasse die Yankees!
Aber trotzdem muss ich anerkennen das sie das wahrscheinlich erfolgreichste und berühmteste Sportteam der Welt sind..
Sie haben erfolg in der Liga, jede menge stars, und das Budge das dem Bruttosozialprodukt der Domenikanischen Republik gleichkommt!

Allerdings sind sie der FC Bayern München der MLB
Also der BC Hollywood :D
We ain't good... but we are funny! ~ Tom Ford
madmark9
Allstar
Allstar

Beitrag von madmark9 »

@ jason:

easy there, big guy. just remember: a yankees fan will be calling balls and strikes for you next year... :D

@ all:

diesem yankees fan stink es massiv, daß wir verloren haben. aber ich bin ein guter verlierer - die marlins haben ihre sache gut gemacht und nächstes jahr sind sie aber weg vom fenster. die yankees kommen wieder, das ist so sicher wie das amen in der kirche!

:head: yankees forever! :head:
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted and then used against you."
gelöscht

Beitrag von gelöscht »

... komisch ... das sagen die yankees fans immer öfter :diabolo:
Backstop48
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Beitrag von Backstop48 »

Mariners/Cubs_jr. hat geschrieben: Sie haben erfolg in der Liga, jede menge stars, und das Budge das dem Bruttosozialprodukt der Domenikanischen Republik gleichkommt!
Erfolg
Menge
Stars
Budget
Dominikanisch

Tschuldigung - konnte nicht anders.
cäpt'n chaos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Beitrag von cäpt'n chaos »

Dann stellt sich die Frage, warum die Yankees in den letzten drei Jahren immer dann wenn's drauf ankam abgeschwächelt habe?
Vielleicht weil sie sich schon im Voraus als World-Series-Sieger gesehen haben und dann feststellen mussten, dass andere auch gutes Baseball praktizieren???
Fight, fight, you'll never win
This is your life, this is our time
This is my life, don't waste my time
Mad-Matt
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Beitrag von Mad-Matt »

ich hab nicht gesagt das sie ne übermacht sind.. sie sind einfach gut!
das heist net das se jedes jahr die WS gewinnen.
Denn ein kann man nicht kaufen, und zwar die fans und das GLÜCK
und das ist wirklich wichtig im baseball
We ain't good... but we are funny! ~ Tom Ford
cäpt'n chaos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Beitrag von cäpt'n chaos »

Das man in den MLB den Erfolg nicht immer erkaufen kann, sieht man an den Mets.
Die stecken Millionen und Abermillionen in ihr Team und schaffen's immer wieder eine schlechte Saison noch zu toppen.
Fight, fight, you'll never win
This is your life, this is our time
This is my life, don't waste my time
The Rock
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Beitrag von The Rock »

cäpt'n chaos hat geschrieben:Dann stellt sich die Frage, warum die Yankees in den letzten drei Jahren immer dann wenn's drauf ankam abgeschwächelt habe?
Vielleicht weil sie sich schon im Voraus als World-Series-Sieger gesehen haben und dann feststellen mussten, dass andere auch gutes Baseball praktizieren???

wo sind die anderen Teams der AL? Wenn sie so guten Baseball praktizieren warum spielen die RedSox nicht in der WS mit?
Ich vergass, die Stars um Boston habens eben wieder mal vermaselt gegen einen 40 jährigen Knacker und 3 andere "durchschnittliche" Werfer :D

Und ich glaube das kein Team das andere unterschätzt. Weder Tampa Bay die Marlins noch New York die Texas Rangers, denn kein Team kommt in der Saison an bestimmt 50 Niedrlagen vorbei, wieso also in den Play Offs die großen Macker spielen, wenn sie schon in der Saison gegen Kansas City verlieren?

Also nein, dass glaube ich wirklich nicht. Vorallem denke ich nicht, dass sich die Yankees heute noch so eine Einstellung erlauben können, da es doch nicht die Mansnchaft von vor 4 Jahren ist.
There may be no"I" in team, but there are 2 in Schilling.
Bild Bild Bild
A.B.
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Beitrag von A.B. »

Japan Series: Should have known better with those Tigers fans

By WAYNE GRACZYK

I should have known better than to predict the Fukuoka Daiei Hawks would win the 2003 Japan Series in five games over the Hanshin Tigers.
After seeing first hand that crowd at Koshien Stadium during Games 3, 4 and 5 of the Series, I believe it was virtually impossible for the Hawks to win more than one on the road in that hostile environment, and it is (now) not surprising the Tigers swept all three home contests.

There is no other group of fans in any sport in any country as vocal, as visible and as dedicated as those of the Hanshin Tigers. If there is, someone please point them out to me. Pitcher Trey Moore is right when he blurts out his favorite description of his team's supporters: "Tigers fans wa ichi-ban yaaaaa!"

That is not a put-down of the fans of other teams but a recognition of the way the Hanshin rooters go all-out to get in the game and affect its outcome. Almost every one of the 53,000 spectators at each of those three games last week was wearing a Hanshin cap, jersey, T-shirt and/or happi coat. Well, maybe 52,500; there were about 500 people high in the left field bleachers cheering for the Hawks.

In addition, just about every Tigers fan participated in the constant, on-every-pitch rhythmic chanting and synchronized banging of plastic miniature-bat megaphones, the seventh-inning colored jet-balloon launch and proud singing of "Rokko Oroshi," the team fight song.

They also toss in a chorus of "Auld Lang Syne" for good measure.

I had the pleasure of sitting in the Koshien stands at Game 4 on Oct. 23 with the family of Tigers relief pitcher Jerrod Riggan: his father Jerry, mother Camille and brother Nate, along with Jerrod's wife Jennifer and 1-year-old son Turk (named after Turk Wendell, Riggan's friend and teammate and with the New York Mets in 2000 and 2001).

Jerry Riggan said, when his son joined the Tigers in mid-season, Jerrod tried to explain over the phone the awesome nature of the Hanshin cheering activities but gave up and said, "Dad, you've just got to see it to believe it."

So the Riggans came to Osaka from their home in Brewster, Wash., in mid-summer to witness first hand the spectacle that was even more impressive on their second trip during the Japan Series.

"I've never seen anything like it. It's just amazing," said Jerry, during a between-innings break when you could actually hear what the person next to you was saying.

I think there are two main factors why those fans act as they do: First, their team only wins the pennant every 15-20 years. The last three Central League championships were in 1964, 1985 and 2003.

So, when the Tigers win the flag, the backers are releasing two decades of stored-up emotions and the frustration of numerous B-class (second division) finishes, including time in the Central League basement.

Second, the sentiments were especially meaningful this year in the wake of the news of the impending retirement of manager Senichi Hoshino.

At first, it appeared Hoshino had perhaps made a mistake in stating prior to the start of the Series his intention to resign; that he should have waited until after its conclusion. However, it seemed clear the fans and players were determined to see Hoshino go out a winner, at least in his final appearance as manager before the home crowd in Game 5 on Oct. 24.

The scene was emotionally charged as the fans listened quietly (you could hear a megaphone drop) as Hoshino was interviewed following the 3-2 win that also gave Hanshin a 3-2 lead in the Series.

While you can bet the fans will always be there, it remains to be seen what will happen post-Hoshino.

Third base coach Akinobu Okada, a star of the 1985 Tigers championship team, will succeed Hoshino as manager.

It is rumored that coaches Koichi Tabuchi and Ikuo Shimano will join Hoshino in leaving the team.

American batting coach Tom O'Malley, another former Hanshin star player, says he is not sure what will happen in his case.

In addition to his major contribution toward substantially improving the club's offensive attack, O'Malley is extremely popular as a campaign figure for the team's official fan club and other promotions. His likeness appears on Hanshin Railway posters urging Kansai commuters to become members of the fan base organization and also the "No My Car" theme which reminds fans there is no parking at Koshien and to leave their automobiles at home. Take the train. The Hanshin train.

You would expect foreign players Riggan, fellow pitchers Trey Moore and Jeff Williams and infielder George Arias will all be invited to back play for the Tigers again in 2004.

Lefty starter Moore won 10 games and threw superbly in Game 3 of the Japan Series, while Riggan and Williams posted season ERA's under two runs per game.

Williams was the winning hurler in Japan Series Game 4 and saved Game 5.

The pressure will be enormous on Okada to sustain what Hoshino accomplished in two seasons, taking the Tigers from last place to the pennant. But the new manager can count on the element of that "10th man," the most intimidating unit of fans-in-the-stands in sports anywhere.

The Japan Times: Oct. 29, 2003

:cry:

Jojima, Igawa named MVPs

Kenji Jojima of the Japan Series champion Daiei Hawks and Kei Igawa of the Central League pennant-winning Hanshin Tigers were named the Most Valuable Players of the 2003 baseball season on Wednesday.
Catcher Jojima, who batted .330 with a team-high 182 hits, 34 homers and 119 RBIs, and southpaw Igawa, the first Tigers pitcher in 24 years to post 20 wins, both received the awards for the first time in their careers.

The yearend honors are determined through balloting by baseball reporters with five or more years of experience. Five points are given for a first-place vote, three for second and one for third.

Jojima collected 95 first-place votes, 31 second-place and five third-place for a total of 573 points to outscore teammates Kazumi Saito and Nobuhiko Matsunaka, who followed second and third, with 439 and 118 points, respectively.

Igawa received 62 first-place votes, 75 second-place and 36 third-place for 571 points, beating out teammate Akihiro Yano by just four points while Tomoaki Kanemoto, also of the Tigers, was third with 342.

"I'm really surprised. I think maintaining my rotation spot throughout the season and earning 20 wins were the two decisive factors. I owe a big thanks to our offense, which supported me with lots of runs," Igawa said.

The Rookie of the Year award went to Tsuyoshi Wada of the Daiei Hawks, who finished the season with a 14-5 record, as the lefty became the first PL player in 23 years to receive full ballot marks and to Hiroshi Kisanuki of the Yomiuri Giants, who went 10-7, in the CL.

The Japan Times: Oct. 30, 2003
Antworten