Maddux !!!

Was geht ab in der amerikanischen Profiliga?
- Fragen und Diskussionen darüber sind hier das Thema.
- Außerdem: Wie kann man MLB in Deutschland sehen/hören?
Antworten
kc
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Beitrag von kc »

Masterful Maddux
I couldn't let an opportunity to go by to elaborate on the Professor of Pitching. In addition to his scrawny walks surrendered total, Maddux has given up just three free
passes since the All-Star break. And two of them were intentional. In the same inning. He has giving up 0.95 walks per nine innings, the only NL pitcher averaging under 1.00.

Maddux is the model of efficiency, throwing more than 100 pitches in only six of his 28 starts. He's using just 90.5 pitches per start, his lowest average since 1997. His 12.80 pitches per inning blow away all other competition (no one else is under 13). By comparison, one of Maddux's competitors for
Cy Young honors this year -- Randy Johnson -- has averaged 116.9 pitches per start and has thrown more than 100 pitches in all but two of his 28 starts.

And it's not like he's not going deep into games. He's fourth in the NL in innings pitched. He does it by getting that good ol'
ground ball, inducing the second highest number of ground-ball outs in the NL. The Big Unit's K's may be more exciting, but remember what Crash Davis said: "Ground balls
are more democratic."

--------

What else can you say about Maddux? Only 21 walks in 199 innings.

-------

Greg Maddux -- 1 BB in 25 IP since his streak of 68 walk-free innings was broken

Antworten